Monday, February 2, 2009

Sorry? Not good enough!


"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment...I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

This is the line of crap Michael Phelps wants you and I, and every sports fan to believe.


His age and "youthfulness" are supposed to make us forget the fact that all across America, youngsters have been let down by this fraud.


I held my tongue when he sold out to Kelloggs Frosted Flakes and every other company with a fat checkbook.


Not now, though.


Hey Phelps...you're a role model, like it or not. In a world where idiot politicians "forget" to pay their taxes, then get fat government positions ANYWAY, you
WERE a guy we thought we could look to as an example of what hard, smart work and dedication could get you if you simply committed yourself.

Apparently not. That image, that hope has apparently gone up in smoke.


I hope it was worth it, Michael.


Disagree? Have other thoughts? Leave them here on the comments page!

We'll see you at All-Star Sports Academy!

No comments:

Facebook Badge